210-734-4444                     210-734-4444                            210-734-4444

         San Antonio Texas Process Servers  210-734-4444 
                       San Antonio Texas, Bexar County Texas

                                              We Serve it FAST !!! 

                  San Antonio Texas Process Servers



            2400 McCullough, Suite 120146  San Antonio Texas 78212





Texas Corporation Search
Texas State Bar Association
Bexar County Sheriff's Office Search
Bexar County Search
USBankruptcy Search
San Antonio News
National Association of Process Servers
The City of San Antonio

We charge $65 for Notice to Quit and Vacate- Bexar County Only
Certified Mail or Attaching to inside of Main Entry of Premises

In the event that a tenant does not vacate the premises by the specified date, the plaintiff or landlord may then initiate a judicial action against the tenant by filing a Complaint for Forcible Detainer.  The complaint 
must be filed in the precinct where the property relating to the eviction is located.
Please read at the Bottom of this page for the last stages of the Eviction process

In order to locate the correct court  in which to file, you must call the Voter´
s Registration Office (210) 335-6625 and give them the exact address.

Precinct 1- Place 1
Judge Monica Lisa Caballero

218 S. Laredo Street
San Antonio, Texas 78207

Precinct 1- Place 3
Judge Edmundo M. Zaragoza

1313 S.E. Military #114 
San Antonio, Texas 78214 

Precinct 2
Place 1:  Judge Stephen M. Walker
Place 2:  Judge William Donovan

7723 Guilbeau Rd Suite 105
San Antonio, TX 78250-3216

Precinct 3
Judge Keith Baker

8918 Tesoro Drive, Suite 300
San Antonio, TX 78217

Precinct 4
Judge Rogelio Lopez

2711 S.E. Loop 410 South
San Antonio, Texas 78222

                                  CHECKLIST OF TOOLS NEEDED FOR FILING

1.       Three copies of the Complaint for Eviction.  

2.       Three copies of the Notice to Vacate.

3.        Money order or cashiers check (no personal checks).

4.        Recheck all documents for correct spelling of names and addresses, and calculations on amount of rent you are suing for.


The Law

1.         Texas Property Code (T.P.C.) 24.001 to 24.011.

2.         Texas Rules of Civil Procedure (T.R.C.P.): Rules 738-755


A Justice Court in the precinct in which the real property is located has jurisdiction in eviction suits.  Eviction suits include forcible entry and detainer and forcible detainer suits (T.P.C. # 24.004).  Only issue to be determined is the right to actual possession.  Merits of title cannot be determined.

Notice to Vacate

1.        Written notice must be given prior to filing eviction suit.

2.        Three day notice must be given for non-payment of rent and/or violation of lease.

If a written lease contract exists stipulating a different notice time, that stipulation must be followed.  Unless your lease states otherwise, either party can terminate a month-to-month lease at any time by giving the other party a 30-day notice.


Either the owner or owner's agent can hand deliver or mail the notice under Sec. 24.005.  There is no statute, rule or case law which requires the constable or sheriff to serve such notices.  In fact, the constable or sheriff - if in uniform - cannot personally serve them.


            A.     Hand deliver to tenant or any person residing at the residence

            B.     Regular or Certified mail.

            C.     Attaching notice to inside of main entry of the premises 
           (Always keep a copy of the notice to vacate).

After notice is given and tenant does not vacate the premises, a complaint for eviction would need to be filed in the precinct where the property is located.  The complaint will describe the lands, tenements, or premises. The possession of which is claimed, with sufficient certainty to identify the same and shall also state the facts which entitle the complainant to the possession (T.R.C.P. 741).  At the time of filing the complaint, the landlord will be given a date and time to appear for court.  Also at that time a citation will be prepared notifying the tenant of the hearing.


For good cause shown, supported by affidavit of either party, the trial may be postponed for no more than 6 days.


1.       If the defendant fails to appear before the case is called for trial, JP can enter a default judgment.  (T.R.C.P. 743)

2.       If plaintiff fails to appear when case is called for trial, JP may, on motion of defendant, dismiss suit. (T.R.C.P. 543)

3.       Any party can request a jury trial on or before 5 days from the date the defendant is served with the citation by paying a $5.00 fee.

4.       Parties may represent themselves or be represented by authorized agents (who do not have to be attorneys) when case involves non-payment of rent holding over beyond rental term.

5.       The party that wins is entitled to court costs.  Attorney's fees are recoverable only if special 10-day notice is given or if written lease entitles landlord to them.  (T.P.C. #24.006)


1.       No motion for a new trial will be filed.

2.       Either party may appeal to County Court by filing an Appeal Bond or Pauper's Affidavit (T.R.C.P. 749 & 749A) within 5 days from the date of judgment.

3.       T.R.C.P. 750 Form of Appeal Bond.

4.       Party appealing has the duty to notify the other side of the filing of the bond (T.R.C.P. 749)

5.       Trial de novo in County Court which is entitled to precedence. When appealed, J.P. stays further proceedings and files transcript in county clerk's office.  (T.R.C.P. 751)                                                                    

1.       Cost of writ is $175.00.

2.       If tenant fails to vacate the property after the expiration of 5 days from the day of judgment was entered which is required by law, on the 6th day the landlord may request a writ of possession.  A writ of possession allows the constable to oversee the move-out of the defendant(s) from the leased premises, and insure no breach of peace is violated.

3.       Officer may post warning on front door that writ will be executed at future date and time, and may engage services of warehouseman to remove and store property. (T.P.C. #24.0062 deals with warehouseman's lien.)

4.      Officer may not require landlord to store property.

5.      Officer may, if necessary, use reasonable force in executing writ.

1)  READ THE CITATION.  It tells you the time and date of your trial and other important information. 
2)  You may file a written answer, but this Court does not require you to do so.  A "general denial" answer form 
can be obtained from this Court for you to file prior to your court date.  Filing a written answer will NOT change 
your court date & will NOT release you from appearing on your court date. 
3)  YOU MUST APPEAR ON-TIME ON THE DATE OF YOUR TRIAL, or a Default Judgment may be rendered 
against you.  A Default Judgment means you failed to timely appear in Court for your trial & the Plaintiff (landlord) 
was awarded possession of the premises plus any unpaid rent, attorney fees (if requested) & all court costs. 
4)  You may represent yourself or hire an attorney to represent you.  Either way, you should prepare a proper 
defense even though the burden is on the Plaintiff to prove his allegations against you. 
5)  "Hearsay" evidence is NOT admissible & cannot be used if the Plaintiff objects. Examples of hearsay evidence 
are written affidavits & repeating or stating what other people (who are not present) have said or done.  You CAN 
& should bring to court with you: receipts, contracts & other such documents, & any individual witnesses who can 
testify on your behalf. 

6)  At trial, the Plaintiff will first present his case as to why he should recover possession of the property & any 
past due rent.  You will then be allowed to present your defense as to why the Plaintiff should NOT recover 

possession of the property & any past due rent.  After both parties have rested their case, the Judge will enter a 
written judgment stating whether or not the Plaintiff is awarded possession of the property, unpaid rent, court 
costs, & attorney fees, if any. 
7)  IF a judgment is rendered against you, you may APPEAL the judgment.  Upon appeal, the case is heard in 
County Court.  To appeal you must file, within 5 CALENDAR days (including Saturdays, Sundays & legal 
holidays) from the date the judgment was SIGNED, an appeal "surety bond" (in the amount set by the Judge) & 
pay all required appeal fees.  You MIGHT be eligible to appeal by filing a "pauper's affidavit" stating & proving you 
are unable to pay the costs of an appeal.  A pauper's affidavit must also be filed within the same above indicated 
5 calendar days from the date the judgment was SIGNED.  If you file an appeal you should also file a written 
answer to the suit at that time.  BEFORE your 5 days expire, ask the court clerk for an appeal handout form & 
read the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure as it pertains to evictions for further necessary requirements concerning 
surety appeals & pauper's affidavits.   
8)  IF the Plaintiff disagrees with how the Judge rules, the Plaintiff may also file a surety appeal bond at this Court, 
within the same above indicated 5 days. 
9)  If the Plaintiff is granted a judgment against you & if you do NOT timely file an appeal, the Plaintiff may then 
purchase & request the Court to issue: 

A WRIT OF POSSESSION:  A Deputy Constable will arrive at your premises and keep the peace while 
the plaintiff moves out all your property.  The plaintiff can place all your property at a nearby location, in 
accordance with the Texas Property Code, and/or 
A WRIT OF EXECUTION:  A Deputy Constable will personally demand from you the money amount of the 
judgment owed, or he will levy on certain non-exempt property you may own, and/or 
AN ABSTRACT OF JUDGMENT:  When filed at the Bexar County Courthouse Records Office, the 
Abstract serves as a lien on your non-exempt property.

                                   Resources courtesy of:

        San Antonio Texas Process Servers




            2400 McCullough #120146  San Antonio Texas 78212



 The Judicial Branch Certification Commission Certified Process                             Servers, San Antonio Texas, Bexar County 
We are a Process Serving Company serving Civil Process in San Antonio Texas, Bexar County Texas. We have experienced
 Male and Female Process Servers in San Antonio Texas. We serve, 
Citations, Subpoenas, Temporary Restraining Orders, Temporary Protective Orders, Notices of Hearing, Federal Summons & Complaints, Federal Subpoenas , Eviction Notices. Our Process Service Company is located in San Antonio Texas, Bexar County Texas. We have Male and Female Process Servers in San Antonio.
 If you need someone Served, Call San Antonio Texas Process Servers at 210.734.4444. WE SERVE YOUR DOCUMENTS FAST !!
 San Antonio Texas Bexar County Private Investigators. 

                                                        ServeNow is the Trusted Network of Process Servers
Website Builder